Dear sisters and brothers in Christ, members and friends of Calvary,
You are invited to join our first ONLINE SERVICE tomorrow - Communion & Palm Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 10:45 A.M.
1. I am going to officiate a Worship Service via Facebook Live - on the FACEBOOK PAGE of Calvary Baptist Church of Clifton.
You can search the name of the church on facebook and Miriam and I are going to broadcast live starting at 10:45am just like our time when we do our actual Sunday service. I hope most if not all of you have a FACEBOOK account. If not, you may easily go to http://www.facebook.com and follow their instructions. If you have difficulty, you may ask the help of a church member or friend who knows how to help you. The service can also be viewed directly form the church website www.calvaryofclifton.org, no login or signup is required.
I will also be posting the written copy of the worship program or liturgy on the church facebook page on and on the church website for people to read at their own pace. Special thanks again to David Seda for structuring it this way which is very convenient.
2. We shall be playing the corresponding hymns via Youtube which we will show in the computer monitor that is facing the video camera during the broadcast. The lyrics will be included so you may sing along. I hope the printed words are big enough to be seen in your respective computers or phones.
3. To be able to participate in the communion, please prepare your own communion elements which are: a piece of bread and a cup of grape juice or whatever is available for you to use. Improvise as needed.
This is the first time we are doing communion through the internet but nevertheless we pray that the spirit of God would bless our communion. We pray that we will feel our unity with God and with our community of faith. You may forward this information to somebody you think might be interested in joining our Online Worship Service.
4. Before the Scripture reading I will lead us in the waving of palm leaves. You may improvise in having that branch or leaf. You may even cut out a drawing of a palm leaf/leaves.
5. For tithes, offerings or donations to the church, David Merkooloff, our Church Treasurer has a included a link in our website www.calvaryofclifton.org through which we can send our financial contributions. We click on "GIVING", this will bring you to the link and just follow the instructions. We thank David for facilitating this.
6. Please let me know should you have any questions or inquiries. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep yourselves and your family safe by staying home as much as possible and following the guidelines given by CDC or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (as well other health institutions).
Looking forward to your joining our online worship service tomorrow. May the Lord bless you, your family and loved ones.
My prayers and best wishes.
Affectionately yours in Christ,
Pastor Manuel de la Fuente
Calvary Baptist Church of Clifton
462 Lexington Avenue
Clifton, New Jersey USA 07011